基隆支會 Keelung Ward

歷史中的基隆分會

單位號碼: 71498

成立日期:

1957.7.14成立基隆分會 (2016.11.12根據基隆Openhouse資料)

1959.5.19  成立基隆分會[L梁1] 

1976.4.22 基隆分會改為基隆支會


 [L梁1]見Jim Goodfellow給 John Hilton 信

 歷任主教/會長:

1959  Elder Jim Goodfellow and Elder Francom[L梁1] 

1960  侯長老

1961.1.8 朱祖燊 (照片見1961.2.聖徒之聲,第8頁)

1976.4.22~  沈鴻灝

1980.8.10~1984~12.9  蔡主權

1986.9.21~1994.1.9  Guo Hu (?胡國基?)

1994.1.9~1998.6.7  江立銘

1998.6.7~2001.8.5  王偉

2001.8.5~2006.10.1  李昌華

2006.10.1~2012.9.30  丁迺枋

2012.9.30~2018.3.11  潘正祥

2018.3.11~  陳柏泰


 [L梁1]見Jim Goodfellow給 John Hilton 信

 原屬單位: 

南遠東傳道部

教堂地址:

1959  基隆市信二路5號(照片見1960.5/6聖徒之聲,第2頁)

1960  基隆市義七路5號

1972  基隆市仁一路265巷8號

1977.10  基隆市仁一路265巷14號

1981  基隆市忠一路20號5,6樓

教堂電話:( 02 ) 24276422

重要史料:

1957年7月14日  成立基隆分會,隸屬南遠東傳道部

1969-71  隸屬香港台灣傳道部

1971-74  隸屬台灣傳道部

1974-1975  隸屬台灣台北傳道部

1976.4.22 台灣台北支聯會成立,基隆分會改為基隆支會,第一任主教為沈鴻灝

The Morning Dew Awaits the Sun (「朝露待日睎」,魏廉士會長 Gary S. Williams 南遠東傳道部紀事,Fran Hafen編輯出版,版權所有 2016),第247頁:

Opening the Keelung Branch (June 13, 1959).   On May 18, President Hardy and Elder Donnel G. Francom began looking for a suitable place for four elders to live in Keelung.  The following day, Elder Goodfellow was chosen to open the new branch, and he and Elder Francom continued the search until they found an unfinished, unpainted apartment near an athletic assembly field in Keelung.  On June 13, the two elders opened Taiwan's seventh branh, and two days later, Elder Requilman and Elder Knapp arrived to help wi-th their work.  Of these living quarters, Elder Go-odfellow recalled: 

"The back porch of the upstairs served as a kitchen and the back area downstaris served as an entrance to the toilet and a place for a homemade cold shower, ... [as well as a ] place to store our bicycles during church meetings.  When no meetings were being held, we stored our bicycles in the chapel area.  It was cement floor only.  We shopped for bedroom and study furniture (all made out of bamboo) and folding chairs for the chapel area.  We bought a cooking stove (that was fired by bricks of fuel and one by kerosene), a small ice box, a cupboard for food, and dishes ad a table for eating.  We also bought a small stuffed chair and couch made out of bamboo for the study/eating area.  Finally we had a sign made for the front of the building declaring it "The Churcch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints church."  Within a week we were set up and out tracting for our first investigators.  A total of four elders were assigned to the city.  We all lived in the space above the chapel."

On their first Sunday, June 21, the Keelung elders were pleased to have 18 adults attend their first Sunday School class in the branch, and soon they were teaching some promising investigators.  Elder Requilman and Elder Knapp met the chief editor of the local newspaper who had printed an article which stated that eh LDS Church was another protestant church.  The elders explained the differences of the restored Church to him and were grateful the article had promoted interest in the gospel.  The elders also met the foreign police and began teaching four of them.  On August 31, 1959, the Keelung elders held their first baptism - an "inherited" investigaor from Taipei, a student who was going to school in the port city.  Their second baptism was November 1, 1959.

 

活動照片:(請點選連結以顯示圖片)

基隆支會歷史沿革

基隆支會名稱演變及歷任主教

沈鴻灝夫婦

沈鴻灝主教家庭

基隆支會教堂 – 1981年啟用,1982年奉獻
基隆市200忠一路20號5,6樓

基隆支會 Keelung Ward

沿革,歷任主教/會長,重要事件,人物,照片